By design, Hush Line is a text-only, one-way messenger. We've designed it this way to greatly reduce your attack surface by not opening yourself up to accepting the eventually malicious file.
If you really need to accept files, to help protect yourself better, always follow these rules:
- Instruct users to zip, then encrypt their files with your public PGP key.
- Avoid downloading unencrypted files from anyone you don't know.
- When you download the files, save them to a dedicated, external USB drive, never your hard drive.
- Open the files with a dedicated, offline-only (air-gapped) computer.
- Never open the files on your personal or work computers.